This page last updated: December 21, 2012 as of Feb 2014
Landscape Bridges Building instructions
- When this is actually developed the code will be posted to SourceForge ... doubt there will be code - unless a lift bridge is made - others are simple pushbutton motorized per kit directions.
Two double track bashed bridges begging banishment or better yet installation.
- Bridges span open area and moveable bridges raise-lower-move to allow river traffic to pass underneath or past.
- Bridge types: There are six main types of bridges: beam bridges, cantilever bridges, arch bridges, suspension bridges, cable-stayed bridges and truss bridges ... and then there are 13 types of Moveable bridge (wikipedia)
* Bascule bridge - a drawbridge hinged on pins with a counterweight to facilitate raising
* Curling bridge - a drawbridge with multiple sections that curl vertically
* Drawbridge - the bridge deck is hinged on one end
* Folding bridge - a drawbridge with multiple sections that collapse together horizontally
* Jet bridge - a passenger bridge to an airplane. One end is mobile with height, yaw, and tilt adjustments on the outboard end
* Retractable bridge (Thrust bridge) - the bridge deck is retracted to one side
* Rolling bascule bridge - an unhinged drawbridge lifted by the rolling of a large gear segment along a horizontal rack
* Submersible bridge - also called a ducking bridge, the bridge deck is lowered down into the water
* Swing bridge - the bridge deck rotates around a fixed point, usually at the center, but may resemble a gate in its operation
* Table bridge - a lift bridge with the lifting mechanism mounted underneath it
* Tilt bridge - the bridge deck, which is curved and pivoted at each end, is lifted up at an angle
* Transporter bridge - a structure high above carries a suspended, ferry-like structure
* Vertical-lift bridge - the bridge deck is lifted up by counterweighted cables mounted on towers
- Stationary bridges are made by many companies of all major types... normally 70 to 150' spans
- Walthers made a Bascule bridge... good luck finding one until they make another production run.
- Walthers made a Swing bridge ... as of 2014 it is available...
- Google Bridge type or movable bridges for information such as : Bridge basics ...
- Building instructions for ...
- Stationary bridges... uhm glue them together.
mississippi river resource ...
The Mississippi is widest just downstream from its confluence with the Missouri River (near Alton, Il.) where it is nearly 1 mile across. At Hannibal it is ~1600 feet
At its headwaters, the Mississippi is less than 3 feet deep. The river's deepest section is between Governor Nicholls Wharf and Algiers Point in New Orleans where it is 200 feet deep.
Locks and Dams
There are 29 total between Minneapolis and St. Louis. The lower 27 are numbered, with Lock and Dam Number One by the Ford Bridge between Minneapolis and Saint Paul. Two more were belatedly added in the 1960s in Downtown Minneapolis. Since "One" was already assigned, these two became the Upper and Lower St. Anthony Falls Locks and Dams. The majority of locks are 100 feet wide, wide enough for double-wide barges. Only the three upper most locks in Minneapolis and St. Paul are 56 feet wide, room enough only for single-wides. The need to break down double wide barges is costly and time-consuming.
Copyright © 1991..2014 by Ivan Lee Herring