This page last updated: December 21, 2012 as of April 2015
- Info: Mississippi River Grain Barge: Corn being loaded at Savanna,IL, These barges are 200'X35' [HO: 27.6" x 4.8" x 1.7" high+0.5"cover] As this will be simulated there will not be much if any 'automation' nor 'action'
- Barge .. Tug .. Grain elevator
- Barge : [HO: 27.6" x 4.8" x 1.7" high+0.5"cover] ... Walthers Car float 36" long, 5.5" wide 1" tall : waterline model ... Kit bashing ahead ...
- Walthers concrete grain elevator with a conveyor from Flood Loader and Easter egg from Glacier Industrial Sands to load the barge...
- Tug: ... TBD
Top: Lindberg 1/72 Fire Boat w/o fire hoses 11.5" long ..Mine measured 12+..
Revell Harbour Tug Boat 1:108 Scale : 9+"
Kibri : Modern Push/Pull Tugboat -- 7-1/4 x 2-1/2 x 3-13/16''
- Walthers concrete grain elevator
- Simulcast of the Alton IL grain barge loader... highly compressed as there are several sets of elevators at Alton.
- conveyor from Flood Loader and Easter egg from Glacier Industrial Sands (GIS is the Asphalt plant repackaged - so those instructions detail how to build the 'extra' parts in GIS)... The Easter egg is to be the apparatus just outside the elevator and before the conveyor that goes across to the actual barge hose dumper mechanism - which is still to be determined if kit bashed or completely scratch built.
- Grain silos are 2.5" diamter x 9" tall. Suave hairspray cans are 2.5 x 9.5... after it is used to weather cars and affix foam to trees, save the cans to make grain silos.
- Final assembly of Barge..Tug..Conveyor-Elevator
Copyright © 1991..2015 by Ivan Lee Herring