This page last updated: December 21, 2012 as of Feb 2014
Barge (vehicle car ferry)
- ‘Faller' Vehicles load onto dock - onto (car ferry) ..travel across water.. unload from barge onto dock. Drive through hidden background (across bridge... goofy to have a bridge next to a barge but the bridge would be more interesting) and do it all over again. The thing here would be to get the Faller vehicles to stop and go...
- seaportmodelworks makes barges Actual Size: L. 10-1/8", W. 3-9/16"
HO 81' Car Ferry Kit (this is a boat with a flat front deck Actual size: Length: 11-1/8 in., Width: 3-3/16 in.
- Ferries across the Mississippi north of STL are about 100' with ~20' ramps at both ends. They are 3 lanes wide - although they do not seem to load more than the middle aisle.
- Most barges could be bashed from a 1" or 2" x 6" x 2' the tugs are a different story... there are river tugs with flat front and back and harbor tugs which look like a boat:)
- 100' = 13.8" HO 3 cars = ~>3" ..4" wide : 1x4x14: with 2.75" long ramps on both ends /the ramps are shorter than they are wide by half/
So a 1x4 with stuff and rails on the sides, 15+ inches long due to size of the towboat and 2" long ramps on both ends...
Barge (vehicle car ferry) To Do:
- Bashed barge and Kibri tow boat
- Faller wires and magnets to be installed...
Copyright © 1991..2014 by Ivan Lee Herring