This page last updated: December 21, 2012 as of Jan 2014
Rotary Dumper Barge Building instructions
When this is actually developed the code will be posted to SourceForge
Tug pushes empty barge around-under lift bridge, around to be loaded from rotary dumper dumping rock fresh from the Quarry mine down a slide. The empty train races the full barge back to the barge scoop unloader conveyor. Conveyor scoop-lifts rock from barge into conveyor-funnel rock loader into train cars destined for the cement plant. The back of the cement plant is the Rock Quarry Mine. The full train races the empty barge back to the barge rotary dumper.
- Rotary dumper construction
- Make rock cars as 'pairs' that can be rotary dumped
- Using the shorty coalgons made from leftovers ends from the 72' papermill wood chip cars. Scammed the one used for the rotary dumper switchbox to make the 8th car. It is visible in the picture as the BN coalgon with the switches mounted in the gold top.
- Make Rotary dumper
- well actually the original red one from the coal plant will be used for the Rock Lobster. Three new ones were made : Coalgon for steel plant and ship loading, and one wood chip for paper mill plant. As of June 2013 the paired cars and couplers are as long as a wood chip car :( so much for plans and sloppy measuring. They might become the third shift at the paper mill, if the extra height wall was glued on to their top... that would make loading cars a lot more difficult to program... or the on/off switch a lot more active for those cars.
- Maybe 24' ore cars or use coal gons ..all beat up by rocks...
- Assemble dumper onto slide that fills the barge
Copyright © 1991..2014 by Ivan Lee Herring